[BC] Anybody here speak Gaelic?...

Burt I. Weiner biwa
Mon Jul 18 17:29:22 CDT 2005

If there's anyone on the list who speaks Gaelic would you please contact me
off list.  I have a question for you.

Burt
biwa at earthlink.net

P.S.

When I was working at KFAC I was called to help with a visitor who needed
to assemble a program.  He told me it would be simple, he'd announce the
music and I would play the records he brought.  No problem.  When I rolled
his theme and opened his mic from his cue I almost fell on the floor when
he spoke Welsh.  From this I was supposed to know what he wanted?  He told
me he had forgotten where he was.  It worked out well, he then gave me a
play list and visually cued me.  What great times those were.

At 06:00 PM 7/18/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>From: Jeff Johnson <jjohnson at goodnews.net>
>Subject: Re: [BC] "Adult" standards
>
>I met someone once who was in the US for the first time. Native language:
>Welsh       Second language: Brit
>
>It was fun to explain US exotic slang terms. Wide eyes!
>
>Welsh requires tongue twisting unknown to English speakers. One will never
>again giggle at an Asian trying to pronounce Western phonemes after trying
>Welsh.
>
>Jeff.Johnson at goodnews.net

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services