[BC] Police stations (MW)

Jack Antonio JAntonio
Mon Jul 18 11:58:51 CDT 2005

KTVN Channel 2 - 4925 Energy Way - Reno, NV 89502
775-858-2222 - Fax 775-861-4298

Alan's dynamotor sounds like the transmitting dynamotor
for the WWII ARC-5 set.  My corner of the ham radio hobby
is collecting and restoring WWII communications gear back
to stock operation. Dynamotor whine, clicking relays,
mechanical tuning shafts, what fun!  Watching the autotune
mechanism on the ART-13 do its thing is a kick.

The BD-77 dynamotor is the dynamotor for the BC-191(almost the same
as the famous BC-375) transmitter, 14 V in and 1000 Volts out.

In a much earlier ham radio life, I played with repeaters. We found that
RCA receivers seemed to do better than Motorolas in the RF department,
but Motorola had the better squelch and audio.

Tried building a UHF repeater from a GE PreProg, but the transmitter
seemed to radiate as much 147 mc energy from the tripler stage as it
did 441 mc from the antenna.

"running red lights down Memory Lane"

Jack Antonio
KTVN
4925 Energy Way
Reno, Nevada 89502

775-858-2222
775-861-4298 (FAX)

Anyone want to hear dyno whine?
I have a RADIO DYNAMOTOR A.R.C. Type 5325A, that's been sitting in my
closet for years and years. I have no idea where I got it. But the darn
thing still works. The date stamped on the bottom is May 4 1945. 28V @ 3.7A - 590V @ 100mA Cont
28V @ 5A   - 565V @ 160mA 1 hour
28V @ 7A   - 540V @ 250mA int
made for aircraft radio corp, by Continental Electric Co, Newark NJ