[BC] Police stations (MW)

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Mon Jul 18 10:56:01 CDT 2005

On 17 Jul 2005 at 15:50, Cowboy wrote:

>  How many of us "older" folks have actually heard dyno whine, and vibrator hash ?

Well, I do recall spending quite a bit of time trying to filter it from the
audio of RPU news units. The later transistorized Motrac's were even worse
because they used a higher frequency. In the early '60's I had a 30W RCA in
the trunk of my car. It was huge (about 24"x 26"x 10" high) and consisted of
receiver strip, transmitter strip and a dynamotor that dimmed the lights at
night whenever I keyed the mike. However, calling back to the station was no
problem, even from areas where the news units (15 W Moto buzz boxes) could
barely break squelch. <g> It did whine though. Never could get that out of
the audio completely.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037