[BC] Top Ten reasons why IBOC won't make much difference...

Kent kwinrich
Sun Jul 17 12:07:39 CDT 2005

WFIFeng at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 07/15/2005 11:27:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>kwinrich at wi.rr.com writes:
>

>>Tell that to the listeners of our 5/1kW _*MUSIC*_ AM station that is now
>> kicking butt over 17 FMs in the market and is 6th over all 12+.  4 FMs
>> and one AM lead this little station that could!
>>

>Tell us more! :) What format? Obviously *local*...
>
>Willie...
>
>_____

The station has taken a more of an AC format (One of our FMs was AC but
flipped to 80s rock leaving the AC area open).  We still run Adult
standards with a show called the "Ultimate Lounge" (Sinatra and the
like)  It is amazing how many 30+ women love the standards.  You should
have seen the amount of younger females showing up for the Josh Grobin
concert.

Our morning show is live.  We have local people during most of the day.
We do run some satellite late nights and some weekends including Delilah.

We do a lot of promotions for this station.  That seems to make a big
difference....meeting the people, doing live remotes etc.