[BC] Vigilantes

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Sun Jul 17 11:44:42 CDT 2005

Unless of course Congress is made up of a bunch of robotoids why say: "yup,
yup, yup" at most anything the president wants...

You know...kind of like the Congress we have now....

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: "Paul Christensen" <attorney at broadcast.net>
Subject: Re: [BC] Vigilantes

>   The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is an independent United
> States government agency, directly responsible to Congress.

Although the Comm. Act of 1934 established the FCC as independent from the
Executive Branch, the President is responsible for the appointment of the
five commissioners.  In a sense, it's a system of joint accountability
between the Executive and Legislative branches of the federal government.
Between the Executive, Legislative, and Judiciary Branches, there's a pretty
good "checks and balances" system in place.

Paul

Paul Christensen, CPBE
LAW OFFICE OF PAUL B. CHRISTENSEN, P.A.
3749 Southern Hills,  Jacksonville, Florida 32225
Office: (904) 379-7802   Facsimile: (904) 212-0050
pchristensen at ieee.org