[BC] WGN

tfj tfj
Fri Jul 15 17:27:05 CDT 2005

I was a WGN fan all my young life. I grew up 8 miles West of the studio on
Bradley Place and went to Gordon Tech, the Catholic High School about a mile
West of WGN (as opposed to LANE Tech, across from the station at Western and
Addison.

I often visited the station (getting there about 5:30am and staying til
about 8 when I walked to school). Wally, his engineer Skip Breszinski and
the other people there were fabulous and friendly. Uncle Bobby was a hoot
too. Max and Orion, by the way, are among the nicest people I ever met.

Ahhh - to be 16 again.
Tom, after a long broadcast career now out of radio in Michigan