[BC] HD time hacks

Tonne tonne
Fri Jul 15 15:56:02 CDT 2005

Re time tones:

Aren't they hangovers from The Olden Tymes when those
tones were broadcast as a courtesy to those with windup
watches to make sure they weren't too far off?

I think Scott has hit the nail on the head:   forget them.

Synchronize the various operations, of course, but to hell
with broadcasting the damned beeps!   They no longer
serve a real purpose to the listener.

Although I confess my thinking it was kinda magic the way
the Western Onion clocks red lights kept everyone in the
station in line . . .

- JimT