[BC] Top Ten reasons why IBOC won't make much difference...

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Fri Jul 15 14:05:03 CDT 2005

My arguement is completely valid, Ron. YOU were the one who compared huge,
crappy sounding, unreliable 8 tracks (that could only store about 10 songs) to
ipods, which are less than half the size of an 8 track cartridge (let alone
the player needed to play them in) and can hold thousands of songs with good
quality. The comparison to IMTS telephones vs cellular is just as valid.

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc at sonic.net>
Subject: Re: [BC] Top Ten reasons why IBOC won't make much difference...

I don't recall any IMTS mobile phones that fit in my pocket, Dana.  Also,
they had only 32 channels for an entire city, you had to call an operator,
put a big box in the back of your car and a 150 MHz vertical on it too.  The
cost was horrific and there were huge areas with no coverage.  That was
*not* a valid analogy.

Ron Castro
Chief Technical Officer
Results Radio, LLC