[BC] IBOC

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Fri Jul 15 13:58:48 CDT 2005

On 14 Jul 2005 at 12:26, Mike Gideon wrote:

> Phil,
>
> How come you and I remember that, and others don't? I believed that the
> debate was settled years ago. Guess we're wrong, eh?

I dunno Mike. <g>  I recall Smitty's award acceptance speech at
the tech luncheon at Vegas, and he said something about "It's here,
it works and NRSC-5 is on its way to the Commission." Or words to
that effect.

Seems to me the only thing left is the shape of the rules, IOW
how they implement NRSC-5 into the rules, and the modifications
they make.

So far, I have seen few comments to 99-325 that are on the point
of that issue, and the docket closes on 7/18. It will be open for
replies until 8/17, but those reply comments are restricted to
comments made TO NRSC-5 before 7/18, otherwise they go in the file
without comment or consideration just like the OT rant that
Leonard Kahn submitted.

What nobody seems to get, is that, like it or not, this is a done
deal as soon as the "i's" are dotted and "t's" crossed. <sigh>
But, nobody listened when I said it was over after USADR bought
Lucent DR either. Oh well....

I do hope the Commish has enough sense to go lightly on the regs
that govern software items because I'd like to see digital evolve
into something better than what Ibiquity has given us, but I think
we have to wait for the rules this fall to see.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037