[BC] IBOC

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Fri Jul 15 10:53:35 CDT 2005

On 14 Jul 2005 at 21:19, Barry McLarnon wrote:

> I wouldn't blame the FCC... they don't generally lead, they follow.
>
> We have IBOC (aka IBAC) because the NAB decreed that it would be the only
> acceptable way of doing digital radio broadcasting.

Regardless of motivation such as pressure from congress critters who are
lobbied by big money group owners etc., it is the FCC that makes the
official pronouncement.  The are pressured from two sides, the owners,
and prior court decisions. That's one reason the FCC is almost nothing
but lawyers today. They have to abide by not only the legislation, but
by the prior court decisions.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037