[BC] HD Time Hacks

Richard Fry rfry
Fri Jul 15 07:32:54 CDT 2005

WBBM's time tones on the hour and 1/2-hour are running about 8 seconds late
this morning, which I guess must be related to their reported HD startup.
They used to be dead on, as close as I could match them with an ear/eye
comparison to a radio controlled clock.

Maybe the time tone generator could be forced ahead by the ~ 8 second HD
coding delay, but then it would often appear within a program segment or
commercial, which isn't too smooth, and the voice announcement of the time
would not be given adjacent to the tone it referred to.  Or is this time
tone delay going to be a permanent "feature" of HD?

RF