[BC] Digital quality of Sirius...

Larry Bloomfield Larry
Thu Jul 14 15:56:05 CDT 2005

When I started out on the Road Show several months ago after NAB, I was
in a Fry's and decided I'd like to get the "new satellite radio
technology." The appeal of not having radio stations come and go as I
crossed the US was the primary reason. I asked what was available, as I
have not been paying attention to the XM/Sirus debates on this forum.
The young salesman, void of any technical information on either system
and knowing he'd probably get a better commission from selling me a
Sirius system sweet-talked me into it. Since my 2000 Dodge van doesn't
have any place to hook external audio signals to I have to use the FM
transmitter in the Sirius system. Being an old koot, my wife and I
hardly ever get off channel 133 - the old time radio programs. What very
little music that I have listen to leaves a lot to be desired. The talk
shows don't hold much interest for either of us, so the only value we've
gotten are non-stop Wistler - Shadow - Burns & Allen and the like. Do we
like it? Yes. Was it worth the money? We're still debating that one. It
is better than switching stations as we drive across the country? With
out a doubt.

Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC
Bloomfield Enterprises, LLC
dba - Tech-Notes
1980 25th St., Florence, OR  97439-9717
(541) 902-2424 - Home/Office/Cell
WWW.Tech-Notes.TV  -- See you on the Road Show.