[BC] IBOC

Alan Kline akline
Thu Jul 14 11:52:12 CDT 2005

Because you say so?  IIRC, the rulemaking in Washington is still open, to
say nothing of the reconsiderations, possible judicial review,
Congressional action, and so on.

And I'd say that the debate hasn't really even *started* until the public
has a fair chance to buy, or not buy, IBOC radios.

Mike's company clearly has a vested interest in HD radio, and I understand
his eagerness to defend that interest.  However, the *audience* does not
yet have such an interest, so until they're heard from, it's premature to
call the debate over.

The same can be said about digital TV.  An engineering triumph?
Certainly.  A commercial success? Not yet.  Who knows when?

ak