[BC] Analog longevity

KNCN674@aol.com KNCN674
Thu Jul 14 10:37:56 CDT 2005

Yes lots of cell sites maintain a shell of analog coverage. Most Verizon
phones are tri-mode including analog. Digital did increase capacity significantly
while audio quality (such as it was) deterioriated and we had the new pleasure
of drop-outs, and ringy-dingy sound.  I have a least friend that "forces"
analog" where coverage is available. The audio is clearly better with a bit of
analog "swish" as opposed to dead gone drops. On my frequent long haul drives
through west Texas the only coverage is analog.

Rich W7DTL