[BC] IBOC

Scott Cason scott
Thu Jul 14 09:09:55 CDT 2005

>>What will happen to them when adjacents light up their IBOCs? I would
think
they might want one of their own just out of revenge.

Not just the little guys, the big ones too.  That's a question I asked in an
earlier post.  KOA, WHAS and WCCO are all neighbors on the AM dial.  All
three of them are Class A 50kW ND unlimited.  What's gonna happen to WHAS
when KOA and WCCO light up IBOC at night?  I'm afraid the attitude was "do
something to avoid the AM stereo debacle" at the FCC.  And they jumped on
the first system that 'looked' good.  But now we have a system that's
unauthorized at night for AM's and we have FM operators dumping 90% of their
IBOC power in a dummy load.  Again, something isn't right here.

Scott Cason
President
LaGrange Communications, LLC
502-213-0024