[BC] Analog Longevity

CBoone CBoone
Thu Jul 14 07:44:36 CDT 2005

True.....FCC a while back allowed sunset of analog cellphones in a number of
areas....
Eventually only the digital modes will work......I had a xmtr site near the
Texas coast with an analog cell on the rmt control...The current owners are
too cheap to pay for a line to the tower (it could be done)....with sunset
of analog, it will have to go...with the new tower they are planning on
building maybe they will have a new phone cable put in (along with a new
road to the tower...but doubtful)
Less than 5% of channels at any cell site is analog now.....

Chris