[BC] Analog Longevity

Blake Bowers bbowers
Wed Jul 13 21:04:24 CDT 2005

It depends on your definition of "cell site" for many sites.

The carriers are not required to carry analog any more,
and many are not.  They do have a requirement to stop
analog service, the last date I heard was 2006.

The biggest thing, what is sold as "Cellular" service now
a days, often is PCS, on completely different bands, and
totally digital service.  If the site went up in the past few
years, it will most likely be digital also.