[BC] IBOC

Bill Harms wharms
Wed Jul 13 19:58:34 CDT 2005

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that some people think that IBOC on
the AM band is automatically a inevitable thing. Therefore, we must find a way to do
it somehow. That could be a flawed way to look at it. The current analog system on
the AM band works fine for the most part, and really is not broken. There are many
stations on the air which are getting along fine without it and have not real reason to
broadcast in digital. Therefore, I don't see the need to forced it on stations which
don't need it, especially if there is other spectrum available for digital radio use.
Perhaps there are other places that digital can be placed instead of the AM band and
it would accomplish the same thing.

No one has convinced me that digital radio on AM is necessarily inevitable.

Bill Harms