[BC] IBOC

Bill Harms wharms
Wed Jul 13 19:34:46 CDT 2005

You are right about the money angle. I think that IBOC the way it is described now is
a seriously, and even fatally flawed concept. However, there is still big money behind
it. The big money is cramming it down the throats of those who point out the flaws,
just because they have the money. There are other models which I think would give
the investors more return on their money. Until they realize that they will continue to
push IBOC. Their investements in the long run would be better served if they were to
give up IBOC for now at least on AM and look elsewhere. I am not directly
associated with any radio network or radio station, but I have been part of radio for
over 40 years.

I think that my model of using an open part of the spectrum for digital broadcasting is
a viable option and it is being done even now in Canada, and I believe in Western
Europe. Are we the ones who are behind in the technology here?

Bill Harms