[BC] IBOC

Scott Cason scott
Wed Jul 13 12:17:08 CDT 2005

>>Ibiquity is offering a deal for stations that are on the air by a
certain date.  If you are a big company like CC, you could save a TON of
money by getting these stations running.  It is something like $5000
now, up to $20,000 later.

Why?  Why is Ibiquity offering this rock bottom deal?  If their system was
really worth $20k why are they cutting the price to a fourth of that just to
get people to sign on with their system?  On top of that, I have seen
estimates from $50k to $250k to get a station retrofitted to broadcast IBOC.
And then there is the yearly "license" fee.  What makes IBOC so great that
an operator would pay that much cash for it?  I'm not sold on this.  I can't
put my finger on it, but there is something about this system that isn't
"right".

Scott Cason
President
LaGrange Communications, LLC