[BC] Re: TV Network Audio

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Wed Jul 13 05:48:46 CDT 2005

In a message dated 7/12/2005 5:34:53 PM Central Standard Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:

>Just as a cot, do any of you buckeroo's or buckerette's  remember when the
>networks went from the poor 8kc loops (at best) to  better multiplexed audio
>even before satellites?  It seems to me  to have happened about 1974-75 in
>our part of the country.   Suddenly the audio came alive on network feeds.

>I was living in a  little town at the time and noticed that this was both on
>radio and on  TV feeds.  Perhaps it was just a regional thing, but I do  not
>remember it that way.  Seems like a major upgrade and the  newspapers had
>stories about it.

>Stanley  Adams
>Memphis

Stanley:

That was when the regular networks switched to the video imbedded audio as
PBS had done to get the NPR radio network going.   I remember locally  when the
Johnny Carson theme was played over the imbedded audio Doc's band  really
sounded great compared to the lousy 8 kHz. network audio  pairs.   Incidently
ocassionally the video feeds (analog) would be  routed differently and the audio
over telco wire lines would be out of sync for  a while.   Now this seems to
happen alot with all the new  technologies.

Dave