[BC] Weirdo dials /was/ ABC Network in the wired days

SteveOrdinetz hykker
Tue Jul 12 20:57:26 CDT 2005

  Alan Kline wrote:
>I should scan a cover from an issue of "Radio and Television News" that I
>have, from the late '50's.  It shows a smiling Lawrence Welk standing next
>to his new Dodge (naturally) convertible, with the latest thing in mobile
>audio--a turntable that would play extended LP's, at 16 2/3 RPM...

Don't think I've ever seen a 16 RPM record.  Supposedly there were "talking
books for the blind" released in that format, but I've never actually seen
one let alone any music disc.  Must have been a useful option...  :-/