[BC] IBOC seperate antenna question

Tom Bosscher tom
Tue Jul 12 14:07:43 CDT 2005

	Under the FCC rules, or sta's, is there not a percentage of height
above average terrain an FM station must have to be able to use an
auxiliary antenna for FM IBOC use? (Simplest way, no combiners, but I
thought the antenna had to be "X" % of the main antenna).

	Also, what about a station that is directional with the main antenna.
They have an aux antenna right around 80% of the HAAT of the
directional, but it is non-directional. Is is licensed for a much lower
power use for the analog of course. Can they use this antenna for IBOC?
I am thinking of saying no, as the contours would not follow each other
on this one.

	Inquiring mind desires proper answers

	tom bosscher

p.s., for extra credit, is there a way to see any STA'a a station has on
the FCC website?