[BC] Weirdo dials /was/ ABC Network in the wired days

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Tue Jul 12 13:17:41 CDT 2005

Oh yeah in cars and portables no FM at all.  Forgot all about the little CD
markers on the dials.

How about the big old turntables that took 2.5 revolutions to get up to
speed?

Rob A.

From: "Phil Alexander" <dynotherm at earthlink.net>
Subject: [BC]  Weirdo dials /was/ ABC Network in the wired days
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:53:26 -0500

On 11 Jul 2005 at 23:28, Rob Atkinson wrote:

 > how about when AM was the mode and band in BIG LETTERS on the TOP half of
 > the tuner and FM was teeny letters and numbers on the bottom half?  :  )
 >
 > that was back when you were a weirdoo if you listened to FM.
 >
 > rob atkinson
 >
 > Someone will say, "How about when there was no FM on the tuner at all?"

How about when there was no FM on the tuner at all and there were
those two little circles with triangles in them at 640 and 1240? <g>

BTW, that was my '63 Bonneville convertible with a GREAT sounding
single speaker recessed in the middle top of the back seat and one
in the top of the dash that was a 6x9.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037