[BC] Radio Philo Bill

Stanley Adams stanleybadams
Tue Jul 12 07:30:03 CDT 2005

What a nice set of pix's.  I know of several stations that did this thing,
but you pulled them out of the crowded and sometimes damp closet in the back
of my head.  WCPO-AM in Cincinnati was an older station that was on the
Daylight (Daytime?) building down in the valley around Symmes and McMillian
Ave's.  It is all gone now because of the I-75/71 corridor.  They used
counterpoise off the roof down to the ground.  One of the great problems
faced with rooftop antennas.  You really do not get a good ground. For a
while WKRC-AM also in Cincy used a similar situation from the Hotel Alms.
I do remember Ted Kluzuski's Steak House though, really good fare.

Stanley Adams
Memphis