[BC] Can traditional AM and IBOC co-exist?

PeterH5322@aol.com PeterH5322
Mon Jul 11 12:09:17 CDT 2005

>That 880 signal blows 1010's away up here.

I presume you mean WINS.

The Canadians snuck in a Class A on 1010 in Toronto.

The Calgary 1010 is a Class I-A, and its DA-1 has its pattern minimum
(about 20 kW) pointed right at WINS, although WINS is a Class II-B.

I guess that makes CBR a Class I-A in name only, much as CFRB is a Class
I-B in name only.

The Toronto Class A doesn't have to protect WINS as an A, of course, but
it doesn't send much into the U.S., anyway, except to New England.

However, WINS' revised patterns (four tower, parallelogram array) would
have had to protect Toronto as an A, and it certainly appears to do so.

Therefore, it is not surprising that WINS is not a flame-thrower compared
to its old array (four tower in-line, protecting only CBR, Calgary).