[BC] Re: My prediction for the future

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Mon Jul 11 11:30:45 CDT 2005

On 11 Jul 2005 at 11:02, WFIFeng at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 07/11/2005 9:27:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> dcpowerandlight at hotmail.com writes:
>
> > Billions of radios, no competition on the band... I can't wait!!!   As Miles
> >  Thomas used to have printed on the back of his cards, "Analog is the
> >  Future!"
>
> Are you kidding? The AM band will be filled from 540-1700 with white noise at
> 20 over S9!

'Tis true. That is the FCC's ultimate plan. That's why
when conversion to full digital comes, analog will go.
You won't hear it when they increase digital power as
is almost sure to happen in the transition to full
digital. The "AM" band will sound like a hundred modems
trying to synch at one time, and no end to it. The sound
on a product detector will be absolutely awful. Some see
this as the final clue that it's time for a trip to
Best Buy or Circuit City.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037