[BC] 6BN6...

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Mon Jul 11 10:28:24 CDT 2005

On 11 Jul 2005 at 0:14, Burt I. Weiner wrote:

> As I recall the 6BN6 tube was used as an FM detector.  I don't remember the
> specifics but it was an unusual type of a detector but I don't remember it
> catching on in a really big way.

You are right on both counts. It was weird and not well understood.
It replaced the limiter and discriminator so it greatly simplified
the set's circuity, but AFAIK only Sarkes Tarzian used it for an
FM only radio, after the military moved on to something else.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037