[BC] Our Wild TECH Youth - more memories

tosenkowsky@prodigy.net tosenkowsky
Sat Jul 9 17:27:07 CDT 2005

>Any of you guys ever build any of the amps and stuff that used to be in
the >back of the RCA tube manuals when you where a kid?

I built many tube amps, had the Greenlee chassis punches, etc. Some used
6L6 output tubes, 12AX7 driver, etc. I experimented with different Loudness
R/C combinations, etc. I learned early on to use ceramic sockets for the
output tubes! Power transformers were from old TV sets as was at least one
audio output transformer whose TV had a push-pull audio stage.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE