[BC] Gas Prices

Mike McCarthy Towers
Sat Jul 9 10:16:49 CDT 2005

As I understand, the European fuel rules reduced many emissions a few years
ago.  Most notably much lower sulfur emissions. Mercedes, VW, Volvo and
Saab all have turbo-diesels which are far cleaner than their predecessors
and run rings around the gasoline engines of similar size.  It will take a
few years, but as older vehicles retire, you should see a reduction in the
particulate emission in general.

Now if we can just get the US public to accept diesel as a motor
fuel.  Then we can work towards expanding Bio-diesel which is a renewable
source.  It not only gets us off the import reliance from the Middle East,
it also keeps the dollars at home going to farmers who can then buy more
things like tractors, combines and trucks...among other things.

MM