[BC] WTOP-AM DA

R J Carpenter rcarpen
Sat Jul 9 09:03:03 CDT 2005

Thanks Xen, I hoped you would come through.  Their FM is surely sited
to serve your direction - while only 30 kW, it's probably a full,Class
B because of the 646 ft HAAT (1171 above MSL)

WTOP-FM doesn't work well on the eastern side of DC even within the
beltway because of WFSI on 107.9 (1st adjacent). WFSI is only 11.5
miles from the Beltway and runs around 30 kW @ 500 ft toward the
nearest part of the beltway,  (but 50 kW in their max to the SSW)..
> From: Xen Scott <xenscott at earthlink.net>
> Subject: [BC] WTOP-AM DA
>
> The FCC microfiche records I have show that on 3/13/40 WTOP-AM was
> granted a license to cover a C.P. for 50kw and a directional antenna
> for day and night use from the current Wheaton site.  On 7/16/40
they
> were granted a modification of license to change the daytime
directional
> pattern.  Evidently they were never ND-D at 50kw, They were ND only
> at their previous 10kw authorization.
>
> >They have compensated by buying and duplicating on outer rimshot
107.7
> >in Virginia, 820 in Frederick, and translator 104.3 in Leesburg,
VA.