[BC] Gas Prices

Kevin Tekel amstereoexp
Sat Jul 9 02:18:16 CDT 2005

Mike Erickson wrote:
> Premium on Long Island went from $2.49 to $2.77 almost overnight...
> regular from $2.25 to $2.45

High fuel prices make me glad I'm driving a car which gets 40 to 45 MPG
and doesn't burn a single drop of gasoline.  Actually, there are many
advantages to owning a diesel-powered automobile, so higher fuel economy
and lower fuel costs are merely the icing on the cake.  For example, on
long trips, my passengers and I need to stop more often for food and
bathroom breaks than my car needs to stop for fuel.  (It has an 18.5
gallon tank, and an EPA highway rating of 47 MPG -- you do the math!)