[BC] Our Wild TECH Youth - more memories

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Sat Jul 9 01:22:22 CDT 2005

On 8 Jul 2005 at 18:20, BOYDSIRBOYD at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/8/2005 12:48:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> clewis at sto.ibb.gov writes:
>     Regards,
>     Charles Lewis - S9SS
>
>     Station Manager
>     IBB Sao Tome Transmitting Station (VOA)
>     Sao Tome Island, West Africa
>

>     P.S. I'll bet some of you young fellows don't know what an "All
>     American Five" refers too
>

> i bet i do at age 47.
> a real hetrodyne radididiio. that of course has five (count them, 5 )
> glow in the dark tubes. what a wonderful warm glow they had.

You mean with miniatures featuring a 50C5 output, or the
All-American 5 with Loctals? Somebody say what's a Loctal? Heh, heh. <g>

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037