[BC] Our Wild TECH Youth - more memories

Bruce Doerle bdoerle
Fri Jul 8 18:51:40 CDT 2005

Charlie,

I didn't know that you went to NC State.  I graduated from State back in 1969 with my BSEE.  I worked for the campus radio station then.

Bruce Doerle
retired IBB FSO (Germany, Kuwait, Morocco, Liberia)

>>> clewis at sto.ibb.gov 07/08/05 12:44 PM >>>

    Even later I went into competition with the NCSU campus carrier
    current station with a home brewed 6AG7 & 6L6 carrier current setup
    in my room that covered two large dorms that were fed from a single
    transformer vault.     Regards,
    Charles Lewis - S9SS

    Station Manager
    IBB Sao Tome Transmitting Station (VOA)
    Sao Tome Island, West Africa

    P.S. I'll bet some of you young fellows don't know what an "All
    American Five" refers too.

Willie wrote -

>>I said "Hi, Sue!" and she just about jumped out of her skin! He laughed
>>hysterically, and I explained to her what we were doing via the radio. We all
>>had a good laugh. (I wonder how many, if any, other people heard those
>>broadcasts!)
>

>>That was back in the late 70's, early 80's, so thankfully, the Statute of
>>Limitations has long ago expired on that stuff! Heh heh!

That would have been really cool to have a station like that. Our middle school had a Lafayette
AM transmitter which had been slightly modified.

Randy Shaffer
Harrisburg, PA