[BC] Police stations (MW)

Rockwell Smith" <rockwell@rmci.net reader
Fri Jul 8 15:47:02 CDT 2005

 > Yes, if you find an old radio with shortwave, it may show frequencies
 > just above the old MW band for "police calls".  Around 1606 kc/s, IIRC.

As a kid living in the mountains of central Idaho in the late
50's and early 60's, I recall listening to the police calls from
cities in California at night on the 1600 police band.  And not too
far above that was ship-to-shore telephone that was fun to listen
to 1000 miles from any ocean!  I forget the exact band that was on,
just that it was not too far above the police frequencies.

-- Rockwell