[BC] Sony DVS-8000 Ribbon cable

SHAFFER, RANDY L RandyShaffer
Fri Jul 8 14:50:55 CDT 2005

I know there are more TV people on the list, so I'm cross posting this -

Looking for a ribbon cable for our Sony Serial Digital DVS-8000 Production switcher.
Sony Part number is 1-590-159-11
It has five connectors spaced throughout its' 5ft length and manufacture info is Junkosha E49881 AWM Style 2678 VW-1

This switcher, we are told, was used in the original production of Voyager. Perhaps it took too many hits.
It is dead without the cable.

Sony says they don't have the cable and it will have to come from Japan....we sort of wanted something quicker.

Thanks!

Randy Shaffer
WLYH-TV/WHP-TV
Clear Channel Television