[BC] Re: Police frequencies on MW

R J Carpenter rcarpen
Fri Jul 8 13:58:33 CDT 2005

There are still a few stations on xx5 kHz in the northeastern
Caribbean.  IIRC, the show up as xx0 kHz in the database.

I've gone blank as to their locations.

This May I rented a car on St Maarten.  Like all recent cars it had a
digitally-tuned radio - but unlike the earlier ones I'd rented, this
Panasonic radio was so broad that stations on xx5 could be heard fine
when tuned to the 10 kHz channels on eaither side.  The AMs on St
Maarten/Martin are on 10 kHz channels.  I forget whether the xx5
stations were on Montserrat, Statia, Anguila and/or Antigua.  IIRC,
one is a religious station on 1605 Antigua ("Caribbean Beacon")
Others are on freqs like 885 kHz..

bob c.