[BC] Cycles don't Hurt...

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Fri Jul 8 12:47:03 CDT 2005

On 8 Jul 2005 at 7:52, Burt I. Weiner wrote:

> Tesla is already a term used in measuring very strong magnetic fields.

True, it is the SI equivalent of a Gauss, but IIRC, it was established
at about the same time as the Hertz for the same reason.

You could say that cps is the CGS system equivalent of a Hertz, but
since there is no difference, Hertz was adopted as the name in the
CGS (English) system as well.

Just think how many "z" keys would have been saved on typewriters
and keyboards. Think of all the extra energy expended to hit that
extra key when a single "T" would do the job. Will somebody please
send me an employee of the month reward for this money saving
suggestion? <ggg>

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037