[BC] Towers, now OT ...ham stuff

Tom Bosscher tom
Fri Jul 8 10:34:15 CDT 2005

Scott Fybush wrote:

> I'm lucky to have a cooperative and understanding spouse...but even so,

	Two things happened that helped:

	1. A few weeks ago we stayed at a bed-n-breakfast about 20 miles west
of Niagara Falls, Canadian side. The host is VE3CNF. He let me operate
his station while I was there. He is retired as a 35+ year welder. He
has a homebrew crank up and tilt over tower. Very impressive tower. My
wife asked "Is this like what you would like? ", Um, yes. Like you
Scott, she said "Oh, that looks OK." I have pictures of his site. If
anyone would like to stay at a nice b-n-b, this is gorgeous country:
http://www.hillsidehaven.com/

	Then we got home from the Canadian trip, and go to help the Holland,
Michigan ham club on field day. We get home that evening, and I get on
my Elecraft K2-100 and start to make some contacts from home to help
with points. Thirty minutes later, I'm logging for her, and she has
mini-pile-ups. It got to be 11:30 pm, and I was tired. "What, and miss
this fun!"

	So I guess I might have to put up TWO towers !

	suffering tom, K8TB