[BC] Police frequencies on MW

Harold Hallikainen harold
Fri Jul 8 10:24:30 CDT 2005

> The MW police band station which served West L.A. still existed well into
> the 1960s at Santa Monica Blvd. and Purdue Ave. Roof-top mounted.

I was living in Kensington (near Berkeley, CA) before fifth grade, so I
probably listened to the LA Police about 1960 or so. I think I remember
hearing police calls about kids on skateboards. Did they exist then, or is
my memory getting rusty? I was listening to this on an old vacuum tube
(American five tube design) clock radio.

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com