[BC] Our wild, TECH youth (WAS:...old TVs go.)

John Vodenik jvodenik
Fri Jul 8 09:17:16 CDT 2005

On Fri Jul  8  7:04 , 'WFIFeng at aol.com' <reader at oldradio.com> sent:

>In a message dated 07/08/2005 01:12:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>RandyShaffer at ClearChannel.com writes:
>
> > I take it you didn't have any QSL requests?
>
>Actually... just a couple years later, I did! ONE... when I was transmitting
>on 7415Khz back around 1985. I did only a handful of 1/2 hour broadcasts
>there, when the regular B'cast station was not on the air. Turns out the QSL
>request was from a kid only a few miles away!  I was running about 10 watts
>from a
>modified, borrowed ham rig, using screen grid mod. (I didn't get my license
>until 1992, BTW.)

 My foray in SW piracy was cut short by the person I borrowed
>it from wanting his rig back.

That and the fact that about this time, VOA / Bethany started using 7415.  Loved
to hear those pirate guys complaign about us being there.  Man, I LOVE this job !!!!
John @ VOA / Delano