[BC] Our wild, TECH youth (WAS:...old TVs go.)

WFIFeng@aol.com reader
Fri Jul 8 09:04:50 CDT 2005

In a message dated 07/08/2005 01:12:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
RandyShaffer at ClearChannel.com writes:

 > I take it you didn't have any QSL requests?

Actually... just a couple years later, I did! ONE... when I was transmitting
on 7415Khz back around 1985. I did only a handful of 1/2 hour broadcasts
there, when the regular B'cast station was not on the air. Turns out the QSL
request was from a kid only a few miles away!  I was running about 10 watts
from a
modified, borrowed ham rig, using screen grid mod. (I didn't get my license
until 1992, BTW.) My foray in SW piracy was cut short by the person I borrowed
it from wanting his rig back.

Willie...