[BC] Pirates...Aaarghh!

Tom Bosscher tom
Fri Jul 8 07:47:32 CDT 2005

Ron Castro wrote:
> Some hams have been able to coerce a complete exemption for ham radio
> towers, or at least special rules that give hams a break.  The problem
> with many of these ordinances is that they are copied from other
> municipalities and from "municipal associations" who's job seems to be
> to make as many restrictive laws as they can!

	For a good example of what the ham community can do, look at this link:

http://www.w8hvg.org/grantennaord.htm

	The ham radio community was very involved in that rewrite. The city
also issued an advisory:

http://www.w8hvg.org/Grordsab.htm

	Very well done. So well done, that my township, which had the standard
32 foot height limitation, dropped that and states "reasonable height"!

	And my wife (W8IIE) wants to put up a 70 foot tower!

	tom bosscher K8TB