[BC] Re: Florida Pirates

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Thu Jul 7 08:29:38 CDT 2005

Paul you may have a comment on this.  On one of my recent trip to the
Miami-Ft, Lauderdale area a local CE told me that one of the new laws made it
illegal to rent space or roof space for locating an unlicensed antenna or radio
station.  This makes the landlord have some responsibility as he can also  be
charged with aiding and abetting the illegal operation of the station.

Incidentally there are many of them in South Florida.  Interesting  that some
operate only at night.  But one station leave a carrier on all  the time to
protect his frequency, "spot on the dial".   Another had a  repeating "Sig"
like international stations do while tuning up  transmitters.

Dave