[BC] the future

Clive Warner clive
Wed Jul 6 23:03:48 CDT 2005

PDAs for radios - after all you can find thousands of streams and pods on
the Net - and laptops for TVs.
I don't see where there has to be AM or FM in there . . .
And of course this is worrying the control freaks, the mass junk peddlers,
the Tommy Mottolas of this world.

Radio isn't dead yet, but it's beginning to smell funny.
My kids never listen to radio. They listen to Trip-Hop, Dark Elektronika,
and other genres of which none of the radio stations - and I include
satellite in this, there is absolutely no difference, just a different
transmitter is all - none of them know.

Today's youth generation are inventing new forms and they want to listen to
those forms of music, they have no interest in being spoon fed with Coldplay
or Britney or . . . but radio just doesn't get it. Except, of course, for
pirate radio. They get it. And so naturally, the rich established media
don't like listeners being offered anything that 'they' don't offer, and so
they use the weight of the law - the law that they bought and paid for - to
suppress them.