[BC] Federal premption - was Pirates...Aaarghh!

Gary Peterson kzerocx
Wed Jul 6 17:40:08 CDT 2005

A local contract engineer told me of a proposed ~800 ft. tower in the
eastern end of the state.  The FAA approved.  The South Dakota Aeronautics
Commission denied.  The dispute went to Federal court.  I was told that the
Federal court ruled that the SD Aeronautics Commission had no juristiction
in this matter.  The tower went up.

I'm glad someone had the "nads" to take this to court.  I've had to deal
with the state aeronautics commission on several new towers.  I was not
impressed with these people.

Gary, K?CX

" A good example of this is the various state aeronautics departments and
commissions who regulate and ISTR tax some portions of aviation operations
within their states.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD "