[BC] Pirates...Aaarghh!

Ron Castro ronc
Wed Jul 6 12:16:21 CDT 2005

Dana...you didn't read the law.  Read it again, word for word and you'll see
that Part 15 is exempted by the language unless it interferes with a
licensed "public or commercial radio station".  That exempts 802.11x, CB,
RFID, garage door openers, etc., assuming they are operating legally.

(1)  A person may not:

(a)  Make, or cause to be made, a radio transmission in this state
unless the person obtains a license or an exemption from licensure from
the Federal Communications Commission under 47 U.S.C. s. 301, or other
applicable federal law or regulation; or

(b)  Do any act, whether direct or indirect, to cause an unlicensed
radio transmission to, or interference with, a public or commercial
radio station licensed by the Federal Communications Commission or to
enable the radio transmission or interference to occur.

(2)  A person who violates this section commits a felony of the third
degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Ron Castro
Chief Technical Officer
Results Radio, LLC