[BC] Video DA

Scott Cason scott
Wed Jul 6 09:05:11 CDT 2005

>>I think I would rather have monitored the video DA via one of its
outputs rather than the loop input, since seeing what you're
distributing is more important to me than seeing what the source signal
looks like.

I have used the loop thru more of a way to daisy chain DA's together.  Say
you have two 2x4s but need six outputs.  Loop the output thru one of the
DA's into the other with a term, and there you go.  Six DA outputs.  Looking
at the source signal is handy if you believe the DA has gone TU.  Good vid
going in, bad vid going out, time to swap out the DA.  I have also used the
loop thru to monitor the source signal in the case of a VT machine in the
tape room.  Output of the machine loops through the DA to a monitor in the
rack.   Output of the DA goes to the router, master control switcher, studio
switcher, studio monitor, and MC monitor.

Scott Cason
President
LaGrange Communications, LLC
502-213-0024