[BC] Pirates...Aaarghh!

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Wed Jul 6 07:20:16 CDT 2005

So let me get this straight...
Radio is an interstate service, regulated and licensed by the federal
government, yet in Michigan you have to be a RESIDENT to operate a mobile ham
radio??!!

Another states where the legislators' collective IQ's add up to 57 I see....

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: "Douglas B. Pritchett" <dpritchett1 at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [BC] Pirates...Aaarghh!

Hopefully. Just remember the instances of State Police and local cops
who don't know the difference between a 2 meter rig and an evil police
scanner. I remember a recent case in New York state and then there's the
mess in Michigan. In the NY case the ham was cleared, but it cost some
bucks. In Michigan, it depends who pulls you over. And in Michigan, you
can get a "permit" from the state to operate, but you have to be a
Michigan resident to get one. A permit so you don't get nailed by Barney
Fife for a law that already states that hams are exempted. Go figure.
Leave the toys at home if you vacation in MI.

--
Douglas B. Pritchett
Fort Wayne, IN
dpritchett1 at comcast.net