[BC] Vonage update

Barry Mishkind barry
Tue Jul 5 23:04:10 CDT 2005

For those that have offered suggestions, and those that have asked for my
experiences, so far I am not successful.  It appears there may be some sort
of port blocking involved - at least in the hotel I am in tonight.  That
might be why Vonage says they do not see the unit.

After 45 minutes on the phone with Vonage, they had me make some config
change on the Linksys, and now, I no longer get a dial tone.

sigh.

There is also some chatter on vonage-forum.com that indicates some folks
have managed the issue by doing a "network bridge" on XP.

barry